A pencil, some drawing paper, a brayer, printing inks or acrylic paints, a few polystyrene meat containers, a pasta machine and voila your first print is almost done !
- Cut out the base of the meat containers into pieces of 8,5cm x 11,5cm (3 1/2 ” x 4 1/2″), the paper into rectangles of 11cm x 13 cm (4 1/2″ x 5 1/2″).
- Prepare your design, put it on top of one piece of polystyrene and transfer it by pressing the end of the pencil onto the lines.
- Discard the design and press the lines again with the pencil. You can also use a ballpoint.
- Adjust the flat roll gauges of the machine to the thickness of the polystyrene and paper. You will find a rotary knob on one side of the machine to do that.
- Ink your brayer and plate. You can use inks for linocut or acrylic paint. Personnaly I prefer inks.
- Cover the inked plate with the paper. Slip them together between the two rollers. Turn the pasta machine crank… and voila ! You made your first impression, why not make another one ?